recently I update my very old cacti ( may be 0.8 ) to newest one. I just download the tar.gz file , unpack it and did as said on upgrade procedure. I fulfil alll requirement of new cacti version and the next step is upgrade process. I didn’t change the setting just choose default value when update.

The update process seem hangup , the progress bar stop at 42% for a long time. I did reload the page and now the cacti show new version.

I try login to cacti but didn’t work, I use google chrome. I reset the password using database seem didn’t help, still can’t login.

Found this post https://github.com/Cacti/cacti/issues/3436 , seem there problem with cookie domains, I disable $cacti_cookie_domain = 'cacti.net'; on config.php and now new cacti working fine.